Inception The App: Experience Augmented DreamsTue, 06/28/2011 - 23:15 — Victor
I came across this app, as with many other ones, through a reference by someone else. Since it was free and I didn't quite know what to expect from it, I rushed to the „App Store“ to pull it down and install on my iPhone. I put on a pair of good headphones…
and couldn't believe what I heard…
In essence, „Inception The App“ is an application that uses augmented audio reality to fuse the sounds around you with those from the „Inception“ movie. To make sounds coming from the outside more interesting, they are parsed through a very powerful and intricate audio engine that performs different kinds of alterations (pitch shifting, delaying, echoing, reversing, reverberating, etc) on them–and all of this is in 3d audio. The compositions of the outside sounds with the movie sound track are then stored into dreams which could be triggered by your location, motion and acoustics of your environment.
All I can say is that you won't regret!
Recent blog posts
- Reading the sound: listening to a song is like leafing through the book
- Libratone Zipp, Another Hit For Airplay Speaker Lovers
- Using Flipboard on the iPad
- Nexus 7 Accessibility: Where Are We?
- Cakewalk Sonar, JSonar and me: a podcast from ViewPoints
- Libratone Live speaker, why you should not pass by it
- YoruFukurou, the Twitter client you may want to check out!
- How Flickr Teachers Users about Shortcut Keys
- Lest We Forget How Fragile We Are
- Inception The App: Experience Augmented Dreams