Feet guitar playingTue, 02/22/2011 - 07:00 — Victor
A couple of weeks ago at Doug Young's Guitar Night I had an opportunity to experience an acoustic guitar player, Blake McMurray, who uses one of his feet to play his guitar while standing up. You can see Blake's Foot Guitar Live here.
I did hear before of guitar players who, for one reason or another, learned to play guitar with their feet. Blake's performance, however, encouraged me to go on the web and actually look for information about some of them.
I learned about an inspirational story of Tony Meléndez who was born without arms but learned to play with his feet. Tony went on to record several records and received multiple awards for his music. You can see one of Tony's videos here.
Another similar player is Mark Goffeney who also mastered to play the guitar with his feet. He is lead guitarist and vocalist for the ‚Big Toe‘ band and played the principal role on Fox Television's Emmy-nominated commercial ‚Feet‘. You can see Mark playing blues in this video here.
I am sure there are many more interesting feet guitar players out there but I hope these three peeked your interest to continue researching the topic on your own.
Recent blog posts
- Reading the sound: listening to a song is like leafing through the book
- Libratone Zipp, Another Hit For Airplay Speaker Lovers
- Using Flipboard on the iPad
- Nexus 7 Accessibility: Where Are We?
- Cakewalk Sonar, JSonar and me: a podcast from ViewPoints
- Libratone Live speaker, why you should not pass by it
- YoruFukurou, the Twitter client you may want to check out!
- How Flickr Teachers Users about Shortcut Keys
- Lest We Forget How Fragile We Are
- Inception The App: Experience Augmented Dreams